DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Established in 1944, Conical Tool Company is one of the nation’s leading cutting tool manufacturers.
The Company’s innovative line of high performance, specialty, custom and precision end mills and cutting tools support the manufacturing sector through many industries including: aerospace, agriculture, automotive, casting & foundries, defense, electronics, energy, furniture, medical, metalworking and plastics / composites.
Conical Tool Company distributes its products through a network of independent distributors throughout the United States and abroad. We’re committed to partnerships with customers and suppliers in our drive to continuously improve customer profitability. We achieve this by engineering and manufacturing advanced cutting tool products for a range of applications from general machining to industry specific processes.
We are currently seeking a high quality, career-minded Cutting Tool Specialist to drive Conical Tool Company’s sales and meet growth objectives through the application of their cutting tool knowledge and experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in the cutting tools product category as well as outside sales experience. The position requires local travel in Michigan with potential for travel nationally.
The Cutting Tool Specialist will play a key role in building and maintaining our company’s relationships with major American manufacturers and wholesalers, as well as maximizing the profitability of our product lines through feedback, development and improvements to current and future lines. If you have the right background in metalworking, and have been successful in industrial sales, then Conical Tool Company may be the unique opportunity you’ve been looking for.
- Develop relationships with American manufacturers and suppliers to strategically extend our market saturation, product development and distribution;
- Update and extend the breadth and depth of our technical support documentation (i.e. – speeds and feeds tables, machining processes, tooling recommendation guides, etc);
- Work with management to statistically analyze product and sales data to identify profitable categories where the engineering, development and manufacturing of new product lines will provide increased revenues to the company and improved performance to the customer;
- Work with management to identify the best marketing and pricing strategy to maximize profitability;
- Work with the marketing department to better segment and promote products, brands, or categories of metalworking supplies; and
- Insure accurate presentation of product lines, including product images, technical specs and basic descriptions.
- Cutting tool technical applications knowledge;
- Minimum five years’ experience in manufacturing or related industry;
- Outside sales experience; and
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, personable, well organized, and works well by themselves and with other team members.
- Knowledge of cutting tool materials and coatings;
- Proficiency working with MS Office; and
- Proficiency working with QuickBooks.
This position offers a competitive compensation structure, performance incentives, relocation assistance and full benefits program.
If you fit these criteria please send your resume, work experience and income history, in confidence, to:
Attention: Employment, Conical Tool Company, 3890 Buchanan Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49548
Email Tech (at) ConicalTool (dot) com
No Phone Calls
Only the experienced need apply