CNC TOOL GRINDER
Established in 1944, Conical Tool Company is one of the nation’s leading cutting tool manufacturers.
The Company’s innovative line of high performance, specialty, custom and precision end mills and cutting tools support the manufacturing sector through many industries including: aerospace, agriculture, automotive, casting & foundries, defense, electronics, energy, furniture, medical, metalworking and plastics / composites.
Consistency and quality keeps our customers coming back. That’s why all tools, whether specialty short run or production run, must meet strict tolerance requirements to produce industry leading products for our customers.
At Conical Tool Company, we’re committed to our employees and recognize they are the reason for our success. Through constant improvement we are able to stay ahead of the competition and maintain growth rates above industry expectations. We achieve this by listening to our customers, vendors and employees, then engineering and manufacturing advanced cutting tool products for a range of applications from general machining to industry specific processes.
We are currently seeking a high quality, career-minded CNC Tool Grinder to produce premium Conical Tool Company products and meet these strict tolerances. The ideal candidate will have experience with ANCA, Walter, or Rollomatic machines. Flexibility in scheduling a plus.
The CNC Tool Grinder will play a key role in maintaining our company’s relationships with major American manufacturers and wholesalers, by providing consistency and quality. If you have the right background and experience, then Conical Tool Company may be the unique opportunity you’ve been looking for.
- Program, setup and operate multiple machines to produce parts per specification for company products with limited supervision;
- Insure part accuracy and uniformity throughout the manufacturing process;
- Read technical drawings and develop custom programs for specialty tooling;
- Produce consistent parts with tolerances of .0002″ per piece;
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills;
- Provide general preventative maintenance services to machines; and
- Repair and troubleshooting of machines, as needed, with management approval.
- General cutting tool technical applications knowledge;
- Minimum two years’ experience manufacturing tools using CNC and / or manual grinding equipment;
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts (i.e. basic geometry and trigonometry); and
- Specific knowledge of end mills; step tools and additional cutting tools.
- Knowledge of cutting tool materials and coatings;
- Proficiency working with MS Office; and
- Proficiency working with QuickBooks.
This position offers a competitive compensation structure, performance incentives, relocation assistance and full benefits program.
If you fit these criteria please send your resume, work experience and income history, in confidence, to:
Attention: Employment, Conical Tool Company, 3890 Buchanan Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49548
Email Tech (at) ConicalTool (dot) com
No Phone Calls
Only the experienced need apply